Who I am: Excerpt from book launch website

It's been three years, seven months and nine hours since I fell from the sky and began to fade to white; three years, two months and five hours since life as I knew it changed; three years, two months and five hours since I started over; two years and three months since I started to write my way to freedom, 39 drafts, 26,000 words, read and lived 832,000 times; 22 months since I started to fly again; five hours since I looked back and reminded myself that it was yesterday; five hours since I heard another flamingo share the same story with me. 

I wrote "Pink Flamingo in a Brown Duck Pond" has a way to break the silence, find freedom, and ultimately learn to fly again.  My hope in sharing this story is so that others may also find freedom, or at least know that they are not alone. In the process of writing the book, my intention was to understand the story that kept telling itself and holding me back, and the role I played.  In doing so, I would be able to move forward doing what I love, and living in my own vision.

A flamingo is a flamingo and never a duck shall be.  And when we find the music, we dance, a little wiser.  When we fly, we paint the sky.  This is dedicated to those who are ready to fly.
Yours in flight, 
 - Lynn

Comments