Sunday Morning Coffee

So I am sitting here at Bute and Alberni, in a JJBean restaurant, in Vancouver, eating a vegan pumpkin apple made in house muffin and drinking a cup of Gusama Rwanda coffee. It's a chic little place, with concrete floors and black triangular shaped chairs.  The coffee is good and the chairs are comfortable to assume the writing position.

I am distracted, or maybe entertained. I am still thinking about it.  It was pretty quiet, until a 20 something young woman and her 50 something mother and silent friend sat down behind me.  She has talked endlessly, dropping key words and phrases like "you need to own your happiness" and "luon" and "because it breathes with you". Her mother innocently asks, why do you want another tatoo? She blurts - "because I want one".  Her mother recedes into the shadows of her verbose and highly intelligent daughter, hoping she will some day grow up and do as little damage to herself in the meantime.   



Comments