Keep on Rockin' in the Free World


On this day of Remembrance, I feel sad for those who lost their lives in lands so far away for our freedom.  I feel sad for the lives that were never lived, and the potential that we lost as a human race.

I feel sad that we have not yet learned how to be compassionate towards each other, let alone stop waging wars.

I feel sad that there are people today suffering this very moment, that while I sit here pondering tomorrow, some people will not have a tomorrow by virtue of this very lesson not yet learned.

I feel sad that we have not yet figured out how to be nice to each other, let alone not hurt each other.

On days like this, I feel sad for the people who fought for our freedom then, and those who fight for their freedom now, right here on our very streets.


I feel sad that we have not learned this lesson yet, that our children's children will continue to live in this world that seems to become more angry than the one before.  

I feel sad that tomorrow we will forget, until we are reminded this time next year to remember those we lost and those we are losing still. 



Comments