What a monk can teach us - reposted from Tina Hnatiuk

What a monk can teach us

about tigers

 

Hello Gorgeous,

I am proud to say that I went to my first baseball game this weekend! Yup, I did, and it was a lot of fun. Any excuse to sit outside in the sunshine seems like a good one to me, and having a very patient husband to teach me about the subtleties of the game helps a lot too!

The baby is steadily growing, and I already feel HUGE at 24 weeks. It seems crazy to me that I’m still going to be getting bigger for the next 16 weeks. How’s he going to fit in there?

Baby and I are doing great so far though, and he’s a wiggly little bean that is totally making himself known with his quick jabs and kicks. Dave even felt him for the first time last week! Pregnancy is a magical and very weird thing to go through…but isn’t everything in life when we really pay attention to it?

Today I’m going to tell you an old teaching story that I love, and have said to my classes many times over the years and the message always serves as a good reminder.

It starts with a monk in India… 

This monk was a very happy monk. He noticed how the world generally took care of itself.

He believed that everything happened for a reason and things would always work out the way they were supposed to. 

He would notice his philosophy in action, smile, and nod his head wisely as it confirmed his trust in letting things be as they are.

Then monk traveled to a hermitage for a month. As he unpacked his few belongings, he looked out the window and the scene caught his attention. 

He saw an injured deer limping into the clearing followed by a tiger.

He held his breath as he waited to see what would happen. 

The deer laid down in the clearing, completely surrendering to the tiger.

Then the tiger sat down, and watched over the injured deer for the whole night.

In the morning, the deer was healed and they went their separate ways.

The monk smiled, and nodded. Yes, everything happens for a reason, and everything works out exactly how it should in the end. 

The next evening there was a wild thunderstorm. 

The night sky was lit up with lightning and the thunder roared over the thatched huts of the hermitage.

As the monk watched the storm from his window, he saw one of the huts was hit by lightning and lit up on fire. 

The monk continued to watch the action, waiting to see what would happen, knowing that all would be fine in the end.

He continued to watch as the fire jumped from roof to roof, and eventually burning down the hermitage. 

As he was running from his own hut to safety, he saw the abbess of the hermitage.

The abbess asked him: Did you see how this fire started?

He said, “Yes, lightning hit one of the huts.” He then continued to explain wisely about the deer and the tiger and how everything is meant to be and it all will work out in the end.

The abbess exclaimed, “You fool! There is a time to be a deer, but there is also a time when you need to stand up and be the tiger who watches over the deer!

However, for some of us it’s easier stand by and watch, blame our circumstances on something else, or continue to wait until the “right” time to take action.

The tiger represents action and courage, and one of my favorite definitions of courage is this:
To sense what truly matters in life and live from that place. 

This is what I love, and so many women love, about the Soul Strategy Sessionsbecause it is all about taking action in your life.

No more wondering what your purpose is, or how to make your life more meaningful.

“Tina's Soul Strategy Sessions helped me take action in my life and increase my vision for what I want my life to be. I have found renewed direction and certainty and have seen some exciting opportunities take shape as I have worked my soul map. Soul Strategy Sessions, for me, have been a great catalyst for change and personal growth. Highly recommend.” – Lia Skaar

No more waiting on the sidelines of your life as you watch another year go by. 

“Implementing Tina's techniques throughout the 8 week strategy session has resulted in positive and healthy changes in my life.  Tina's coaching gave me the tools to turn thoughts into action.  I look forward to more of Tina's coaching in the future.” - Lucinda Taylor, B.Sc, Information Technology

No more uncertainty and feeling like you’re the only one going through this. 

“If you aren't prepared to know who you are, what you stand for and how to start living more authentically don't sign up for the Soul Strategy Sessions. Tina has a unique gift of bringing out concepts and thoughts right at the time you are ready to receive and action them. She creates an environment that allows people to workshop their path and spit ball ideas. It is truly beautiful, watching strangers transform into close, non-judgemental confidantes over 8 weeks.” - Jill, Provincial Government

You will feel happier, more focused, and more powerful in your life. 

“Soul strategies for me was about the building of a safe and supportive community of woman so we could explore the issues that hold us back from being the successful and the confident women we can be. Because of this community, I was able to face my fears, challenge my limited thinking as well as my behaviors that do not help me attain my goals in life. I have found my inner power through the encouragement and compassion from Tina and the wonderful women that I journeyed with during this session. When we find our inner power we truly ROCK as women.” - Suzanne Hehn--Social Worker

Being the deer can feel more natural for some of us. It might feel easier to wait for the next opportunity, better timing, or when we feel like we’re in a “better” space. 

Being the tiger can feel riskier, messier and even…dare I say: uncomfortable?
Yet everything we want lies on the other side of fear and resistance. 

Yes, it takes some courage, and I know you have it in you.

There is a time to be a deer, and this is your time, and your LAST time (with me anyways) to really jump in and start creating your life based on what is important to you. 

I cannot say this enough times, this is the LAST Soul Strategy Sessions of 2015, if not ever. If you want these results, come and get it!
Next Session starts August 4th and goes until September 22nd
Click here for more information and registration.  

I'd love to hear from you now! Do you like going to baseball games? Or do you want to share with me a story of when you were a tiger? You can do both in the Soul Sisterhood Facebook Group!

If you liked this post, then please share it with all your friends on Facebook, Tweet it out loud, and forward it to your loved ones. We can be the light for each other.

#daretobeyou

Love and Light,
t

Comments