Launch of Pink Flamingo in Brown Duck Pond

Available on Friesen Press Bookstore



I am a writer. That’s what I do.  I write.  And so I did. It’s as simple as that.  I started the book a long time ago.  I love story telling and so throughout my life time, I have told stories in one form or another.

A part of me says enjoy this moment. The other part of me says this moment is too big, and so I opted for a soft launch, for now so that I can establish a marketing plan and determine how exactly ‘we’ enter the world.  I reflect upon the reasons that I wrote this book in the first place. 

Story telling is powerful.  There are thousands of stories one can imagine and tell, but the story must begin with an intention.

Sometimes story telling can be positive and illuminating if taken to heart. Sometimes it can cause barriers if taken to heart. In writing this story, I had to make a decision to tell the story that would illuminate my path and the paths of my readers and relieve my heart and allow the story that hurt me a peaceful ending.

When I started writing this story, I was hurt and angry about something that had happened.  It was more than something. It was life changing.  It was the first time in my life I had ever been afraid.  It was the event that caused me to jump and it was the event through which I learned that I could fly.

And that’s the story.  Learning to fly and painting the sky.  Learning to live in vision.  To have the courage to live through the soul of my being and not my bank account. If just one person reads the story and knows that he or she is not alone, and big enough to pursue dreams, that would be worth a lifetime of words to me. That would be one step closer to freedom for both of us.

You can order the book here.




Comments

  1. HI Lynn

    I tried to post the review below in the Friesen Press - Leave a comment block, but I don't have a personal facebook account so I couldn't post . Feel free to copy paste comments anywhere you deem relevant. thx. D



    I ordered the paperback version

    It arrived (insert joyful face) and I've finished it (2 bedtime reading sessions)

    Things I loved about this book:

    *every word
    *the metaphoric language ~ extremely fitting, apt, and very cleverly executed
    *the honesty, poignancy, and beautiful example of courage, and resilience
    *the message of hope
    *the desire to help others, this experience resonates with
    *the texture of the cover, super smooth and nice feeling on the hands
    *that no ducks or flamingos were harmed during the writing :)

    This is a remarkable journey written in such an original style. A concise and enlightening treat for language lovers and bird lovers too.

    Really inspiring Lynn !

    Denise

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I would love to hear your comments. Thanks and have an awesome day. - Lynn