My Suits of Armour: Series

This is the way I dress now.  My closet is full of suits that I no longer wear. These suits were my armour when I worked in my previous life in the corporate realm.  To me, it is a realm, like another place that exists in another time.  I described them as my suits of armour. I wore them to do battle in the corporate world of brown ducks.  It was my way of hiding my pink flamingo-ness, although never completely. There was always a splash of defiance - a red sole, an over embellished string of pearls, a men’s tie.  So I have decided to clean out my closet.  I have had a little trouble with this over the past three years admittedly.  I have attempted to shuffle them off many times, but I just keep putting them back in their place from season to season.  Why do I have trouble with this, I ask myself.  I know the answer. I am attached to each piece for what it represents.  So I have decided to send each piece off in style.  Stay tuned.



Comments